14 September 2010

Everything

Do you ever dread going to sleep because you know you have to wake up and face a day you're not quite prepared for? I get that way, sometimes. Quite frequently, recently. For the most part, it bites. But at least I'm getting some quality time grading and preparing lessons and blogging. Right?

Life's been busy lately. But what else is new? I've come to accept the fact that my life will probably always be busy. And if it's not, Heaven help me! I thrive under pressure. I find some sick, twisted joy in pushing my limits, testing my strength. Making last-second deadlines is my lifeblood. Go figure!

A few weeks ago for FHE we hiked up Rock Canyon a bit. The sun was setting, which made for some spectacular views. And, of course, my eyes were rockin' in that light. I climbed up some rocks to catch the last of some bright rays, and Jenni snapped the following:

And... My darling sister Elizabeth sent me what has quickly become my new favorite t-shirt. She was quite cryptic about what it was, telling me only that something was going to arrive in the mail for me, it was olive green, and I would love it. She was correct on all counts! Isn't it just wonderful??!

As you can see in the picture, I shod myself in my olive green Chucks and totally rocked out. Yes, that is my own foot... My roommates say it looks like I'm holding someone else's foot up, but it's not true. Anyway...isn't the shirt just perfect? I love Love LOVE it! I may have started dancing around the kitchen when I opened it. :D It's got formulas and figures from geometry, algebra, calculus, and who knows what all! Truth be told, I don't recognize all of them. But that's what Wikipedia is for, right?

...I just realized that I look slightly crazed in both of the above pictures. Things happen. Don't judge me.

I need more sleep. But, frankly, I don't want tomorrow to come. Where's the pause button?

No comments: