23 January 2008

Hot Cakes and Hooker Boots

Hello friends! Life has been pretty busy lately, and just so amazing. School is a bit stressful, but I'm just taking it one step at a time, and it really hasn't been too horrible. I'm taking a lot of reading- and writing-intensive courses, which are quite different than the proof and theory-heavy math classes I'm used to. And it helps that all my classes are condensed-- I only have class from 9-2 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. No Tuesday/Thursday classes. It's such a blessing! :)

As far as my social life goes, it's pretty amazing. There are so many awesome people in the ward that I'm getting to know and be great friends with. We split the Relief Society at the beginning of the semester, which has been rather bittersweet. On one hand, it's hard not seeing half the sisters in Relief Society every Sunday, and I haven't had a chance to get to know the new sisters in RS East (I'm in RS West). But on the other hand, we have had an amazing time getting to know all the sisters so much better. I have really enjoyed our visits with each apartment, and working to reestablish all our committees. Our Sunday meetings have been phenomenal because we have only 60 sisters instead of 120, and it's such a different setting--more conducive to spiritual discussions and getting to know and love one another.

And then there are the boys... There are a few guys in the ward who, uh, kind of want to love me. It's quite flattering, and I've come to be extremely grateful for it (I was a bit frustrated at first, because I don't exactly want to love all of them back). I've been asked on a date by a different guy every weekend since I've been back. It's been so much fun! Before my date this past Saturday, Kelsey and I wanted to go shopping just for fun. We ended up going Friday afternoon, and it was such a blast! I picked up a few new shirts, and then we found the ultimate buy: Hooker Boots!! They're so hot. They're brown, and they have a ginormous heel on them. It's so great. I'm so glad I have an awesome roommate who's willing to do crazy things like that with me. :) Oh, and then we went to Bath and Body Works because, let's face it, that place is rather amazing. We each picked up some Hot Cakes flavored lipgloss. Don't even worry that my lips smell like syrupy waffles when I put it on... Delicioso!

In other news, we just had the funnest MLK, Jr. Day ever yesterday. We made cookies and watched Pride and Prejudice, and went sledding!! :) It was TONS of fun. And I got my friend's brother's number and called him to join us. Unfortunately, his phone was off and he didn't get the message until it was too late. But he called me today and asked me out for Friday. I nearly wet myself -- I'm so stoked! I don't know how I'm going to concentrate on all my classes and work this week....Oh well. Oh, and I got a letter from my not-missionary today. Don't even worry that he said he misses me. And don't even worry that he signed it "Love-". And don't even worry that he's home in a little over 5 months. I don't think I could wipe the smile off my face if I tried...

Anyway, I guess that's all the exciting news for me lately. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated. And I'll try to post pictures real soon! Lovey love loves LOOOOOVE love, Savannah.

PS- For those of you who are interested, and as per our discussion over Christmas, we have started a Purdy Good Cookin' 2 blog - a sort of e-version, an online second edition, of the original cookbook. To be added as an author, just shoot me an email and I'll invite you to join. Sweet.

4 comments:

Zach and Kate Hulet said...

Hey, give me your email address. I would love to add some recipes to the new cook book. And when available... I will post pictures too (your mom said you would want pictures if possible). So there it is. I was also looking for Liz's email address and apartment/dorm address. You are the best. Thanks,
Kate

Elizabeth said...

hey, please invite me to the purdy good cookin' thing!

LOVE YOU!

Las Vegas Hulet Family said...

I want to be invited to! Can I? Can I? I love reading your blog. Keep updating! Sounds like a blast up in Provo! Come visit soon! Love, Rachelle

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm months late on this, but I want to join the cookbook thing!!!

Emily