19 May 2008

Banana Pancakes

So, I figured since I'm about four months overdue for an update, I might as well post a little something. Life has been really fantastic lately - my earrings even say so:Well, they're not actually MY earrings, but my AWESOME roommate Melissa was kind enough to let me borrow them. Sweet.

So anyway...my life has been great! Winter semester was probably one of my funnest semesters at BYU. It wasn't my greatest semester school-wise, but I had a blast anyhow. We went down to St. George in February for President's Day weekend. It was great to see Grandma and Grandpa, Zach and Kate, and William. I love my family!

In more recent news, at the end of the semester I moved into a new apartment. I'm still in the same complex, but I moved three doors down so I could stay in the same ward. It's awesome! Melissa, who lived with me last spring, is my roommate again. We are living with Amy (who moved into this apartment in January) and one of her mission companions, Stacie. It's a lot of fun! I have awesome roommates, and we have fun all the time!

I've had a lot of time to do fun things lately. Baking, cooking, quilting, and visiting friends are among my favorite things to do. Melissa and I are out almost every night being friends with different people - it's great! We like to go swinging at the park, too. That's always a blast!

On Saturday morning, we had a Stake Activity. We hiked up at Rock Canyon. It was a nice, warm day, and I got a lot of sun! Yesterday, at church, we had the Area Authority Seventy over BYU come to our Sacrament Meeting and speak. He spoke about several "key indicators" we can strive for in our lives. He also talked about increasing our capacity to love others, and the connection between love and correction. It was great! For Sunday FHE yesterday, we celebrated Thanksgiving by having a potluck feast. I made some rolls, which got rave reviews! It was a lot of fun, and great to spend some time with people in the ward. We also watched Amazing Grace with some friends in the ward - it was a great movie!

Tonight for FHE, we are going to Bishop's house and going street bowling. It should be a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to it. We're combining with another FHE group, too, so hopefully I'll be able to make some new friends. I love new friends!

Anyway, I'd better stop babbling. I'll post again soon - That's a promise! Hopefully I'll have some interesting and exciting things to write about. And maybe some sweet pictures, too. That's always fun.

Have a fantastic day!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad you're so happy, Savannah!!

Sarah Steele said...

'Bout time for a new post! Slacker! And also to add to your list of favorite things to do: Ikea shopping with your favorite sister-in-law Sarah and babysitting your favorite nephew! Can't wait for tomorrow!