26 May 2008

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo...

So just a quick update on my life... It's been pretty grand lately! For Memorial Day weekend, Melissa and I had grand visions of going down to St. George, but that fell through. Melissa worked in Price all day on Friday, and didn't get home 'til quarter after 8. But she, her brother, and I went to see Indiana Jones that night. I thought it was pretty good, but I had to call a friend today and yell at him because he said that there wasn't any parts that would make me jump - he was wrong! :) But it was still fun.

Friday morning, while Melissa was at work, Sarah and I took a fun trip up to Draper to celebrate IKEA's first birthday! It was great - I love that place! We had so much fun shopping and, as a rule, tried to pronounce the Swedish names of some of the furniture. It was super. :)

On Saturday, Melissa and I decided to take a fun day trip up to Salt Lake to go to the zoo and have a picnic! It was so much fun - we took some awesome pictures, and ate dinner at the "This is the Place" Monument. On our way home, we stopped at IKEA because Melissa had never been. Yeah, that's right, I went to IKEA two times in two days. Amazing! When we got home, we made mint brownies, picked up a friend, and headed over to Melissa's brother's apartment to play Nintendo Wii. We did bowling and boxing and cow-racing and Mario Kart! So fun! We stayed til midnight, dropped off our friend (and stayed outside talking, while he showed us his dinosaur bone, til nearly 1), and came home and talked til 3 am. That was all fun and stuff, but then I had a beasty meeting at 8 this morning. Haha, needless to say, I was a little exhausted, but church was great and I was able to take a nice long nap when I got home. This evening, Melissa and I made dinner and had a friend come over and enjoy it with us. I made yummy rolls and salad - awesome - and Melissa made potatoes and chicken. :) I made sure to take a picture of our sweet meal.

Anyway, that's what's new and exciting in my life. Tomorrow Melissa and I are going to try to drive down to Zion National Park for a fun little day trip. Should be a blast!

Well, I tried to upload some pictures, but it's not working for me right now...Maybe I'll try it in a separate post...

No comments: