01 April 2009

Happy April!

It's finally April! I love this month!! I graduate this month, and it's my birthday this month, and it all starts off with April Fool's Day [which can be one of the FUNNEST holidays!].

One of my students walked into class this morning and exclaimed, "Oh, I hate this class!" He then got a huge grin on his face and looked at me and said, "April fools!" Haha. He's quite the character. That pretty much made my day. :)

As for what else is new and exciting in my life... I have only 9.5 class days left of school. Yikes! I'm excited to be done, and I'm surprised by how fast this semester has gone. I'll miss my students when it's all over, though. Student teaching has been a phenomenal experience! [PS- I'm writing this during 5th period, when my cooperating teacher has a different class in the computer lab. So I'm just chilling in the classroom getting some grading and some planning done...In the past 10 minutes, two of my students have come into the room to say "Hi Miss Steele!!" It's great!]

Yesterday was my roommate Becky's birthday! We had a fun celebration last night with cake and ice cream. All the sugar must have gotten to us, because we were laughing like crazy all night! It was lots of fun, but ended up being bad for my goal to get [close to] 8 hours of sleep every night this week. I was doing so well, too, until last night! Sunday and Monday night I was in bed with the lights out by 9:30. Last night, however, we were up laughing and giggling [and singing and dancing and joking and jumping and playing...] until well after 11:30. Oops. :)

Tonight I am going to campus to see Arthur Benjamin, also known as the "Mathemagician." Apparently, he does crazy calculations really super fast in his head. I watched a part of a video on YouTube, and it's awesome! It should be really interesting and fun - I'm excited.

General Conference is this weekend. Wizzer nabbed some tickets for the Sunday morning session, so we'll be going up for that. I LOVE actually being in the Conference center for Conference - this is going to ROCK!

Weeeeeeell, I'd better go finish making the key for the Geometry test. Hope all y'all are having a great April Fool's Day! [And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my cousin Kate!! :)]

Oh, and PS, the Hershey's company and I are currently fighting because they made the poor decision to use the best color wrapper [pink] for their worst chocolate bar [Krackel] in their little Spring chocolate assortments. Boo!

1 comment:

Owen said...

Whoa! You changed your template!