22 November 2009

Because it's the little things...

Sometimes, it's just the little fantastic things that make my world go round. Here's one for the books:

Yesterday morning, I was putting on my shoes - my old and ratty manly shoes that I love so dearly. They were hand-me-downs from my little brother (hand-me-ups, then?) 4 and a half years ago, and they are certainly well-worn - and I thought to myself, "I really need new shoelaces. These ones are about to die... I'll have to remember to put that on my shopping list at some point or something..."

Fast forward to 11 o'clock last night. Melissa and I had to make a last-minute Saturday night WalMart run. When I parked, I noticed some small plastic bag with something black in it by my back tire. I didn't think anything of it - thought it was just a piece of trash or something... Fast forward again to when we were finished shopping. We come out and I was loading the stuff in the back of my car, when I again noticed the little bag. For some reason I can't explain, I bent down and picked it up (who picks up trash in a WalMart parking lot at midnight??!)... Guess what it was? A brand spankin' new pair of black shoelaces. I kid you not. My life is way more than average...

No comments: