14 October 2010

Closing Time

I have a one-way ticket home.
To New York.
To family.
To Christmas.
To hugs and kisses and cuddles.
To happiness.
To love.

December 15th could not come fast enough.

Unfortunately, I also have a one-way ticket back. I'm sure my almost 3 week break will have seemed plenty long enough by the end, but I'm already dreading January 4th. I'm a little bit terrified of the class they're expecting me to teach next semester. I get really frustrated with Provo in the Winter. And it also means I have to actually figure out what I'm doing with my life... You know, because I'll be graduating [again] and all... Maybe.

So... now that it's October, I finally finished all my Easter candy. Mostly it's just been sitting on the shelf in my office begging to be eaten as I've been on various sugar fasts and out of town and up and down and in and out... Finally today I gave in. That means I had bright pink sugary stale Peeps for dinner. And you better believe I loved every second of it.

I was talking to a friend last night about an upcoming date she has. We got on the topic of guys, and laughed and laughed for about 5 minutes. We decided we need to get together and swap horror stories. Then write a book about it. I've written in my journal every night for about 3 years now. I've got TONS of stories just begging to be told. I don't quite know if the world is ready to hear. [That, and I don't know who exactly reads this thing. I don't want to include TOO many incriminating stories just yet... Because, as I told my friend, the stories will have "names not change to uncover the identities of the skeevy, sketchy guys."]

Man, it's late. I'm tired. It's just been one of those days, though. You know... I'm ready for another vacation. I'm thinking Vegas. Or Oregon. What say the masses? Where should I go, when, and for how long? I think I'd love more than anything to go to Brownsville/Corvallis for Thanksgiving. Z & S are moving to Seattle [I'm happy for them, but admittedly a little depressed that I'll be alone in Provo...], and might be driving down to Corvallis for Thanksgiving. I want to be there, too. I don't know how feasible that'd be. But it's oh-so-tempting.

And, before I run off to go work on my midterm and pretend to get some sleep [or...is it the other way around?], I just like to add that there are 72 days until Christmas. Is it too early to put up the tree? And start humming those blessed carols? And wear a pretty scarf and make gingerbread houses and sip cocoa by the fireplace with a cute boy my sweet roommates? I'll hold off for now because I know I'd get crusty looks... But I'm still feelin' it in my heart!

Love,
Me.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I was singing Christmas songs all day yesterday... that's very uncharacteristic of me, for October. I sympathize. :)

Erin said...

yay! october 15th! also, you should absolutely go to corvallis for thanksgiving. just do it. they have cheap tickets sometimes, so maybe you could fly there. also, we have been listening to Christmas music for a couple weeks now. Go with it, girl...