28 October 2010

What the what?!

Anyone who knows me fairly well knows that I absolutely adore my family. My parents are my heroes. My siblings are my examples, my stalwart go-to guys with whom I can [and do!] share anything and everything. My nephew and nieces are so stinkin' cute. Because I love them so much, my family is my greatest source of joy. For the past 5-something years that I've been living in Provo, I've had at least one of my siblings out here with me. It's been great for those days when I'm so happy I could explode and I just have to run and share my excitement with those I love. It's also been a wonderful relief when all I want to do is run away and forget the world...

But, on Saturday, Z & S are moving. All the way to Seattle, dang it! I'm so happy for them. Really, I am! They're moving on to bigger and better things than the oddity that is Provo. They are doing what they are supposed to be doing, and they're excited for it. [Plus, I've always wanted to visit Seattle - I kind of have a secret crush on the Northwest...] But, dang it, I'm going to be all alone! Until next August! What the what?! [Okay, okay, so I still have the most wonderful cousins and the best friends and roommates in the world here, but still. There is just something about immediate family...]

 Anyway, I've been able to spend some good quality time with L and K lately as Z & S have prepared themselves for moving. We went to the BYU Homecoming Parade at the beginning of October, and took these gems:



And, I love this picture. Haha. It reminds me of the picture Elizabeth took of K, when she was a few weeks old, laying at the base of an old stone staircase looking mildly abandoned but oh-so-beautiful.

I love this next picture, too. L is making such a humorous face, and I'm rockin' the Steele squint-eye [which, admittedly, sounds like a disease...] hardcore. We make a good-lookin' bunch.

Yesterday, we all went up to Temple Square. Z & S wanted to do a session at the Salt Lake Temple before they skipped town. Their friend was in town visiting, so I played tour guide/babysitter while they were in the Temple. We were able to go to the Visitors' Center, the Conference Center, and the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, as well as just walk around the Temple grounds and enjoy the beauty.






I just love that family, and I'm going to miss them terribly! I'm grateful for their love, support, and laughs these past few years. They're wonderful!

Anyone know what teaching availability is like in the greater Seattle area?

No comments: