03 December 2008

Hello, Goodbye

Things on my mind lately:

Thanksgiving. Zac, Sarah, Logan, Jonathan, and I all went up to Paul, Idaho for Thanksgiving. It was absolutely fantastic and relaxing and heavenly. I didn't think/worry about school the entire time we were up there. I was able to finish a book (Mr. Darcy's Diary) that I started before the semester even started - I'd been about halfway through the book for over 3 months, and I finally had time to sit and read. :) We also went and saw the new Disney movie, Bolt. I enjoyed it; Jonathan fell asleep about halfway through - Ha! Mostly, it was good to just relax and spend time with my AWESOME family! I love laughing at the hilarious/stupid/absurd things my family says/does. It's one of life's greatest pleasures.

Christmas. I think I LOVE this holiday! Last weekend, I put up our Christmas tree. Matt and Erin gave it to me (Thanks guys! I love you!) when they moved back home this summer. It's awesome, and it certainly adds some Christmas cheer to our apartment. While I was walking home tonight, I could see it in the window from the other side of the block and it made me really happy. :) Also, on Sunday night, Melissa, Brent, Jeramy, Mike, and I went up to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. It was my first time going, and I absolutely LOVED it! If I had to describe my feelings in one word it would be joypeacehopeloveChristmasTempleAWESOME! Yay!

Grad school. Umm...I think I want to go to grad school? Or rather, I think I'm supposed to go to grad school. So, through that whole "aligning my will" thing, I WANT to go to grad school. Right? Isn't that how it works? Ha! Call me crazy... Better yet, give me advice, pray for me, and support me as I try to figure this whole thing out. Yikes!

Boys. Always. Always, always, always. Tonight I was with two different groups of good guy friends and, by some random coincidence, they both asked me for relationship advice. Weird, right? Since when am I the queen of relationships? Since, uh...the 12th of Never. Right. But anyway, we were able to have some good conversations, and I feel better about this whole feeling-like-I'm-eternally-single thing. It'll happen when it's supposed to happen, and until then I just need to hold on to my britches and enjoy the ride.

Finals. Yes, there are officially 7 days of classes left this semester. Hallelujah! Finals will be over in 2.5 weeks. And, though it's weird, I'm entirely not stressed out or worried or nervous. I'm just kind of rolling with things and loving it. I feel like I'm kind of cheating the system because I'm not going school-crazy like every other person I talk to. It's a strange/new/unreal feeling, but I like it. :) Still, wish me luck and pray that things will work out well.

And...that's a wrap. I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

Erin said...

i just have to say that if you go to grad school in NY and get teacher certified here, you're pretty much set to teach in any state. you may have to take a little test if you move to a different state, but that's easy! i know sarah, zac, and logan want you to stay in UT (i don't blame them!) and there are WAY better odds for finding a husband there, BUT it can happen here too (we are living proof!). i went to roberts wesleyan for my masters and i LOVED it there. you should look into it if you're going to get a masters in education in the rochester area. it was a dual certification program for special ed and regular ed, which makes you 10x more marketable. let me know if you want me to do anything for you on this end. i could even take you on a tour of the roberts' campus if you want while you're home. lemme know! that's so exciting!!!