17 November 2008

Defying Gravity

Man, today was fantastic for a Monday. I don't think I've had a Monday this good in quite awhile. :) I got to watch Logan, and work with some students for 2 and a half hours, and I cooked for dinner group (which consisted of making a frozen veggie lasagna...I'm not normally that lazy, but man was it nice!)... Tonight a few friends are coming over and we're watching Kung Fu Panda. It should be fun - I only hope I don't fall asleep. Ha!

My weekend was pretty fantastic, too. It started off with skipping class on Friday afternoon. We're working on group lesson plans, and we were supposed to meet for that, but the other two group members and I decided we could spend our time more productively doing other things. After all, we all had to prepare for Saturday's test, right? So...I went home early, finished some assignments, bummed around, and took an AWESOME three-hour nap. It was fantastic! I'd stayed up really late the night before preparing for my History of Math lesson [I'm so glad that's finally over...], and I was tired. I was all resolved to study for a few more hours after my nap, then get all ready for my test and get to bed early. Fortunately, I was saved from my responsibility by my awesome roommates. We decided to go out for ice cream, then we had some friends over to play games. We played a few rounds of Whoonu, and just generally had a super fun time. Then the guys broke out the Nintendo... Awesome! They ended up staying til 1:30. I still had more studying to do, so I was up til after 2. It was great... :) But overall, my test on Saturday morning went well, and I feel confident in how I did. We'll just have to see in about four weeks, though...

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing. We had Ward Conference on Sunday. The theme was Helaman 5:12, and it was a good reminder of the priorities and supports we need to establish in our lives. On Sunday afternoon, I had a few meetings. My AWESOME home teachers stopped by to say hi (If you read this Matt or Cameron, you guys are fantastic!), and my visiting teachers came to visit, too. It was good getting to know them and talking about the super General Conference talks. :)

Well, friends are getting here to watch the movie. I'd better peace out...

1 comment:

mokujin said...

Wow the Garfield law that states Mondays suck has been eradicated. Yeah pretty much sounds like had the time of your life. Mondays usually are pretty bad, other than FHE but other than that they just suck, but not any more Savannah you have conquered the odds and helped us all with your great requirement. Congrats....hehe