02 November 2008

Fearless Heart

This is why I love my life:

-My family is fantastic.

-My roommates are awesome.

-Daylight Savings Time = An extra hour of sleep last night! :)

-Halloween was super fun...Not one, but TWO haunted houses. And totally talking to a cute BYU guy at one of them to boot.

-I got to spend an hour yesterday morning picking up walnuts with a contraption designed to pick up golf balls. Believe it or not, it was actually really fun. Kind of like treasure hunting, only for walnuts in a yard full of leaves. And I got a big bag of fresh-picked apples.

-I love my TA job. Seriously, I look forward to my labs on Tuesday and Thursday, and they never fail to make my day. Last week, I had two students in my office during one of my office hours, and one of them got so excited for me because the vending machine had the pretzels I sometimes get. Apparently he'd been in my office earlier that week when they hadn't had the pretzels, and I said something to him about it. When he saw I had them, he said, "Hey, they had your pretzels! Awesome!" And then, turning to the other guy, he was like, "See, I even know what kind of pretzels she gets." It was phenomenal. And, another one of my students brought me a granola bar and dinosaur fruit snacks (Yes, you should be jealous...) because I help him out with homework. I love the students in my labs - they're great! :)

-The "S" key on my keyboard has begun to stick the past month or so... This means that sometimes I accidentally type s twice instead of once, especially at the end of words. So, you know, sometimes when I type the word "as" it turns into something a little more profane. And, quite frankly, it makes me giggle because it's completely innocent.

-Last Sunday, Elizabeth went up to the canyon with a Melissa, Becky, and I, and she took some awesome pictures of us. The leaves were really pretty, and we were being total goofballs. Here are a few of my favorite shots:






1 comment:

Erin said...

one of your best qualities is your optimism! i'm glad you're doing so well!