08 November 2008

Amen Omen

On Thursday, I taught a class of 26 7th graders. It was only one class, only 45 minutes long, and their normal teacher was in the room (as well as my practicum teacher and two of my classmates), but it was still terrifying! I think it went well overall...though I'm sure their teacher had to do a lot of damage control once we finished our little unit on solving and graphing inequalities. But, even though it was hard and scary and nerve-wracking and I'm SO glad it's over, I'm glad for the experience. It seems like I go into things like this feeling so inadequate. Yet, I always look back and can see how I've grown and how I've changed. I can see how the Lord has blessed and prepared me, has given me the experiences and opportunities I need to have, and how He is guiding my life (even when I'm stubborn and think for some reason that my way is superior to His...). What a sweet blessing to have that guidance that I so need in my life right now!

Also, totally random awesome story: Today, I had TWO separate guys who, upon learning my name, told me I have a beautiful name (Thanks, Mom and Dad!) and then went on to talk about the city of Savannah, Georgia and how it's a gorgeous city. One of them was a guy in the class I TA (though he's not in the section I TA - he was just sitting by me during the big lecture), and the other was some guy who came to my door trying to sell magazine subscriptions. It just really made my day! :) I love the little things like that.

Anyway, I'd better go do something productive... Have a super day!

No comments: