09 February 2009

When All Is Said And Done

A brief update about recent goings-on in my life [This is for you, Jeramy - Holla!]...

I am student teaching this semester, and I absolutely L-O-V-E it! Yes, the days are long, but I'm learning so much every day. I love working with the students, and I love seeing them finally "get" it. This week is the sixth in the semester, which means we actually get to take over classes full time! Hooray! We're starting with Pre-Algebra, and then taking on Geometry in about two weeks, too. We'll be teaching full time until the middle of April. Our cooperating teacher also has a Pre-Algebra Essentials class (pretty much just remedial pre-algebra), and an advanced Algebra 2 class. We won't be teaching those full-time, but we will do some fun activities with them. :)

So...I've pretty much decided what I'm going to be doing with my life come September. I'm planning on doing the Math Ed MA program at BYU. Fuuuuuun stuff! I took the GRE a few weeks ago, and I've been working on the online application. It's due in 3 weeks [Yikes!]... I don't think I'll have any big problems getting in, and I'm excited to see what this whole experience has in store for me. I know I'm going to learn so much. It's daunting and it's scary and I don't quite know why I'm supposed to be going to grad school, but at the same time it's new and exciting and it just feels right.

However, despite figuring out my life after August, I still have NO clue what my summer plans will be. I've got everything figured out up until April 24th. Then I graduate. I'd really love to stick around here for at least a little while this summer. I really love Provo/campus in spring, and I fear that if I go home I'd drive myself crazy. Don't get me wrong - I love my family and my friends back home [Shout out to the 585! Represent!], but I kind of get a hankerin' to leave after about 2 weeks of being there. Anyway...I've thought about staying here and TAing for a class spring term. I don't know if I'm allowed to do that since I'll not be taking classes and I'll be in that awkward transition stage from undergrad to grad student. Buuuut, we'll see. I could just go travel Europe with Mommy. That would be fun! :)

Anyway, I've got to skedaddle to bed. I've been up WAY too late the past few nights [...and it's been completely worth it! I've been hanging out with my very bestest best friends Mike, Owen, and Jeramy. I love those guys!]. I'm teaching a lesson in Pre-Algebra tomorrow about percent of change. Should be interesting...

Here are some random pictures for your viewing pleasure. The first is of me and Melissa before Christmas break when she, Becky, and I all wore matching outfits to church. I love us! The second is of me, Melissa, Becky, Brian, and Derrall, all wearing our fun Christmas-y clothes. Aaaand, the last is of Mike, me, and Jeramy when we went up to see the lights on Temple Square in December. :) Rock on!



1 comment:

Sarah Steele said...

Well...I have a few plans for you this summer. One of them involves something involving the pink binder on my desk. The other involves you being here in July when I have your nest niece and/or nephew. If you stayed for that, I might even consider letting you be in the delivery room. Eew.