09 February 2009

Can't Stop Now

I had a GREAT day today! I got nowhere near enough sleep last night, which always makes things interesting. Mike called me this morning on my way to school just to wish me a good day. I taught my lesson on percent of change, and the students seemed to understand! I still have so many things to learn and improve on, but I really am loving teaching! I didn't think I'd have this much fun with it, so it's quite a pleasant surprise. :)

When I got home, I cleaned Dimitri's tank so Melissa wouldn't have to worry about it when she got back [She was in Alaska for the weekend for a friend's wedding. I turtle-sat while she was away. And now she's back and that makes me super happy!]. I did some laundry, and made dinner [easy-peasy tuna melt sammiches], and at least THOUGHT about the lessons I'll be teaching tomorrow. I'm a little teensy bit nervous on account of our cooperating teacher will be away at a conference, so we'll be handling all of her classes all day long! We shouldn't have any problems, except maybe 5th period. I really do love those students - I know they're capable of doing the work. They just have trouble focusing, sitting still, listening, thinking before talking.... You know. Hopefully we'll be able to hold our ground and not let things get out of control.

This evening for FHE, we brainstormed ideas for our group's video. It sounds like it's going to be funny - I think we're going for a cheesy 70's LDS film type of deal. With a Chinese leprechaun. Awesome!

And, now I'm going to try to get to bed. I've got a load of laundry to finish up for tomorrow, and I need to review some of my lessons, but I don't have any other obligations this evening. Maybe I'll be able to land 8 hours of sleep tonight? Solid!

Lastly, here's a picture from about two weeks ago. Our friend Yuka was in town from Japan. Here we are dropping her off at the Greyhound station... [Sorry for the poor quality - I stole this picture from facebook]:

No comments: