12 February 2009

Reflection

So, Tuesday's classes went really well! I was quite a bit nervous beforehand about how everything would turn out, but the students were generally well-behaved, and even our 5th period class didn't turn out too bad. I was definitely pleased. :) It's been so much fun teaching this semester - I'm so glad that I'm enjoying it as much as I am!

Today, we gave our Pre-Algebra kids a review sheet for the test they'll take tomorrow. They seemed to generally understand what was on the review, so I'm excited to see how they'll do on the actual test. I hope, given that we taught them half of the lessons for this chapter, that they will perform well and demonstrate a good understanding of the mathematics. We shall see...

Tonight, I had the pleasure of going to an honored seniors dinner for a select few people in my major. Some of the faculty were there, and we were able to eat, talk, and generally enjoy ourselves. It was really good to see a few of the people who I haven't seen in over a month [spending all day every day in a Jr. High will do that to you... :)]. I enjoyed hearing how well everyone else's student teaching is going, and hearing about their post-graduation plans. And the faculty gave a nice little talk about the merits of going to grad school, and talked a teensy bit about BYU's Math Ed Master's program, too [In case you're wondering, I'm still working on my application for that. And, you know, I can take all the prayers I can get right now.].

Welllll, anyway, that's about all that is new and exciting in my life. We have a big ward formal dance tomorrow night, which should be a lot of fun to go to. On Saturday, I'll probably be hanging out with Melissa for part of the day. I think she said she wanted to go to a movie, so that would be fun. :) I love my roommates! I've been so blessed to have had such amazing roommates every year here. Sweeeeeeet.

And now that it's entirely way too late and hours past my bedtime, I'd better go hit the hay. Tomorrow is Friday, which means grading all day! I LOVE grading - I'm way excited! :)

No comments: