17 May 2010

Hey Stranger...

So, it's been awhile... I have no excuse other than that graduate school is soundly kicking my trash.

I finished up Winter semester in a crazy whirlwind of papers and projects, with a little bit of rocking out and a lot of caffeine. Several family members came to visit, and Spring Term was well underway before I even realized it. Even today, I'm realizing that it's about halfway over, and I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing with my life. Rock on.

I am TAing for College Algebra this term, so that's a new experience for me. It's a lot of math that I haven't done for a long while (6+ years for some of it), and it's kind of nice to get back into it. I still LOVE working with students and helping them understand. But sometimes there are drawbacks. Like this morning, when I spent 5 and a half hours talking about exponential and logarithmic functions. And I didn't really think anything of it. And I found parts of it fun and exciting... That's when you know you're so far gone that you cannot conceal your nerditude. Nerdocity. Nerdiness. Whatever.

I'm also endlessly plugging away at my thesis proposal and data analysis. It's like the project that would never end. It goes on and on, my friend... And it's only just beginning. However, if all goes as planned, I should be finished and graduated by next April. And what I do after that is beyond me... That's what faith is for, right? :)

Anyway, I'll be adding a few more posts later today, with pictures to boot! How exciting! I'll try not to be too much of a stranger. :)

No comments: