06 February 2011

I'm as corny as Kansas in August...

We had the adult session of Stake Conference tonight. Afterward, Kimberly and I swung by Macey's to pick up some stuff. I hate Macey's on Saturday nights - it's too busy for my liking. All through the store Kimberly was singing the song from South Pacific that inspired the title of this blog. It's been stuck in my head ever since...

Anyway, life's been pretty grand lately. Busy, for sure. But wonderful. I love the class that I'm teaching [even if I do feel completely lost most of the time]. It's a lot different than teaching calculus, but it's been a great experience and some of my students are really awesome. It's rewarding to see them persist in doing something they don't love and finally make sense of some really neat mathematics.

I'm also taking a calculus teaching class. It's proven to be a lot of fun, though I wish I'd had the opportunity to take it before TAing several semesters of calculus. I find it amazing how much I'm still learning (calculus content-wise). I love it!

I go home in less than a month for Elizabeth's wedding! My dress came yesterday, and I love it! I'm super excited to take a weekend off, get out of Provo, and see my family! And celebrate with my beautiful sister! :) Haha, can you tell I'm super excited? I can't lay off the exclamation points...

Christmas break was also a wonderful time with family. I absolutely loved being home. It was sad to come back to Provo... Don't get me wrong - I have so many amazing friends here, and I was aching to be back with them by the end of my 3-week excursion, but it was hard to leave my family. It's always hard to leave my family. Sometimes it really bites being the only one here in little ol' Provo... But I've been trying to be better lately about calling and texting and Skype-ing my family. I just love them.

And...to sate your need to see pictures, here are a few. Random, just like this [and every other] post. Get used to it - it's my life.

M and I at home over Christmas break:

Kelly and I before we headed to the Grad Student 80s dance. What a fun night!
Kimberly and I drove up to Logan last Saturday. We met up with my friend Chris, and also with an old family friend, Jared, and his brother, Ryan. It was tons of fun! We went out to lunch, and ice skating, and to the Temple grounds, and out to dinner, and to a hockey game... This is me with Kimberly and Chris at the Logan Temple:
And here is me with Kimberly, also at the Logan Temple:
Chris, me, and Kimberly before the hockey game started. It was BYU v. USU. I requested that we sit in the BYU fans section. Heh heh heh. I don't know if anyone was ready for my exuberant Cougar cheering, but I sure loved it!
And, lastly, here is a fun shot of Chris, me, Jared, and Kimberly at the hockey game. We had a TON of fun. I don't think I ever realized hockey was so fun to watch. Jared did a good job of keeping me informed about what the heck was going on, and Kimberly developed a new-found love of the sport.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Savannah! What class are you teaching? Oh man I am jealous....missing those good old ta-ing days. :)