24 February 2011

Tribute

Awwww, ain't it sweet? I love looking at this picture of my parents. They look so happy and vibrant, plus their clothes are pretty rad. Heh heh heh. :) I'm so grateful for these two wonderful people in my life. I'm grateful for their love and support, and their commitment to each other and to our family.

My dad has always been one of my biggest cheerleaders. He's supported me in my education, and always pushed me to do my best. He taught me the value of hard, honest work. He is one of the greatest examples of a true giver - he loves to give of his time and talents, and loves to give gifts. He has also taught me how to have a good time and to have a sense of humor. There is never a dull moment when he's around, and he loves to keep things lively and entertaining. Thank you, Dad, for your support, your example, and your love. I love you!

My mom is my hero. I don't know if I can ever thank her enough for her example of living a full life devoted to family, friends, and the Gospel. She has always shown her deep love for me through her selfless service. She seems to always be working on about a million things, and never runs out of energy or enthusiasm for the work she is involved in. She has taught me how to truly love and how to have a good attitude despite life's craziness. Most importantly, she has taught me Gospel principles both by word and by example. Thank you, Mom, for your sweetness, your trust, and your love. I love you!

And, who can forget all my wonderful siblings who are here on earth because of my parents? Mathieu is a wonderful example of respect and responsibility. I have always admired his courage to stand up for what is right and to lead by example. Erin, Ella, and Delainey are lucky girls, and they, too, mean so much to me. I have always seen Zachary as my protector - he's got an innate courage and loyalty that cannot be removed. He has always been someone I can turn to when I need help, support, or comfort. I miss having his family here with me, but I know they are just a phone call or video chat away (Love you, Sarah, Logan, and Kaylee!). Elizabeth is a wonderful example to me of a gorgeous, talented, creative, strong woman. I admire (and am envious of) her beauty, and I cherish her friendship. Jonathan has been an example to me of a hard worker who, like my dad, knows how to have a lot of fun. He can inject humor into any situation, and I love his enjoyment of life. I also love his example of dedication to the Gospel as he is currently serving a mission. Rosemary is a joy to be around, and I love that she can laugh at my awesome jokes and retort with even awesomer ones. She is grounded in what she knows to be true, and she is genuine in her sweetness to those around her. Remington is an example to me of humility and wit. He has a strong testimony that shows through his quiet example. He also has a sharp sense of humor that can leave me with my sides splitting. Hunter has a strong personality and he uses it to love those around him. He is an example to me of how to show conviction to what he believes. I also love his willingness to wrap his arms around me and give me a big hug just because he feels like it. Madison is a shining example of sweetness and sensitivity. She wants to do good and to be good, and she loves to express her love for others. She has the biggest heart, and forgives without a second thought.

I love my family. I love each of my siblings with their individual personalities and quirks. I love the memories we've created together, and the prospect of creating more wonderful memories. I love knowing that families can be together forever, that these relationships and friendships I have can be perpetuated beyond the grave. And I love my parents for making it all possible. :) Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad! Y'all are the bomb!

No comments: