17 June 2008

A Hard Day's Night

Hi friends! How's life? What's new and exciting? As for me, I fly home in 15 days! I'm pretty stoked about that. I get to see my totally rad family, and I get to once again participate in the Hill Cumorah Pageant. Rock on! I'm excited to spend time with my awesome siblings who I hardly ever see anymore and to enjoy the blasted heat and humidity of an Upstate New York summer.

Life lately has been, you know, alright. I guess nothing TOO exciting has happened. About a week and a half ago, Melissa and I made sugar cookies in the shape of dinosaurs! [Thanks, Matt and Erin, for those fun cookie cutters!] We decorated them all cutesy, and it was a lot of fun, if not completely dorky.

Last week I went on a fun date. My roommates and I decided we needed to go on a roommate date, so we roped our neighbor Becky into joining us and we all asked guys out. We were going to go to the lake and have a bonfire and make s'mores. However, the weather turned cold and windy that evening, so we stayed at our apartment. We made s'mores and roasted Starburst over our gas stove. Then we played some fun games and enjoyed each other's company. We played Nurtz, and my date and I totally rocked it - we beat everyone! It was great!

So, there are a couple new guys in my ward who are in a band called By The Exit. On Wednesday, they were in a local Battle of the Bands. Melissa, my neighbor Elisse, some guys in the ward, and I went to support them, and it was a lot of fun! Unfortunately, they didn't win, but we still had a lot of fun and enjoyed their music. It was really a blast to get out and do something I don't normally have the opportunity to do.

On Friday, I had the opportunity to watch Logan while Sarah was in class and Zac went to see a movie. He's getting so big now - I can't believe he'll be 1 on Saturday! He can now clap, wave, and point on command. And, of course, he loves me so he smiles every time he sees me. We'll play games and he just cracks up at some of the things I do! I love it. It sort of validates my, uh, craziness...

Saturday was a lot of fun, too! I had Y-Group Leader Training all morning, and I was running on 4.5 hours of sleep, so that was fun but seemed to drag on forever. You know, getting up at 6:30 on a Saturday is not something I find completely ideal. Haha. That afternoon, my friend Erica called me up and we went over to Rock Canyon Park to another friend's ward activity - a giant slip 'n' slide! It was a lot of fun! I only went down a few times, but it was refreshing on the hot afternoon. That evening, Melissa and I went to a Kalai concert with some guys in my ward. I had a spectacular time! It was awesome!

Yesterday in Sacrament Meeting, the speakers finished up a little early. I knew when the third speaker was about halfway through her talk that she would finish early...Yeah, so when that happens, Bishop gets up and calls people up to bear their testimonies and say a few words. I knew, before the talk was even over, that Bishop would stand up and call me up. I just knew it. Funny, since the talks were about faith in following the Spirit. Haha, how ironic. But, yeah, sure enough Bishop got up and called me up. I was grateful that it was Father's Day so quite a few people were out of town. But it was cool - in hindsight, I'm grateful for that opportunity.

Anyway, that's all that I have for now. I've been busy with work and just having the time of my life every day! I'll be sure to post pictures and give new updates on my life soon!

No comments: