25 June 2008

Square One

So, you know...I go home in less than a week. How weird. How bittersweet. Melissa left this afternoon, and that was more depressing than I thought it'd be. I won't see her until the middle of August when I get back to Provo...

Anyhow, I'm super excited to see my family! It's been so long, almost six months, since I've seen them. It'll be hard to leave Provo though. I find that I call Provo "home" more and more often these days. And though it'll never be my true home, it's weird to think that I do live here for about 10 months of every year. And I've got tons of great friends here. Sometimes I wish I could take all of the good things about Provo and all of the good things about New York and just mesh them together to create my own perfect world. Because, you know, that's what it would be - perfect. All my friends and family in one place, and we'd all have the time of our lives! That'd be sweet.

Wow, I'm rambling. Anyway, on a [brief] brighter note, I was a Y-Group Leader for New Student Orientation this past weekend, and it was so fantastic! I really appreciated the opportunity I had to make friends with some of the new students, and to help them to love BYU as much as I do. I loved being able to show them what it's all about, and I'm especially glad I had no problem totally rocking out in front of them. It was great! I was able to let loose and show my true colors, and I had a blast!

Well, I just wanted to give a quick update on what I've been thinking/doing the past few days. I'll be sure to let y'all know how my last weekend in Provo goes. Maybe I'll get a hott hott date. Bahaha....

No comments: