03 June 2008

Things That Rock My World...

So, the title of this post is Things That Rock My World, and that is exactly what I'm going to write about. Because, let's be honest here, I kind of have a great life and sometimes it's nice to acknowledge a few of the things that make it so great. The following is a list of things I've been grateful for lately:

Milk
Due to a great comment my roommate made last week, I've had a beasty craving for milk the past few days. Now, just to give you a picture of the relationship I've had with milk in the past: I normally buy a half gallon of milk (the one with the latest expiration date, mind you) and struggle to use even 3/4 of it by the time it goes bad. However, some friends of our ALWAYS have milk at their apartment, and it ALWAYS looks so good. So, on Saturday, we went to the creamery and I bought a whole gallon of delicious creamery milk. Don't even worry about how I have less than 1/3 of a gallon left of that milk after 2 days. I think I've drunk more milk these past two days than I have for the past year. Yum!

Rainbows
Today after FHE, there was a HUGE rainbow that arched over the whole sky and came down right in front of Y-Mountain. It was GORGEOUS and I LOVED it! Simply beautiful.

Washing Machines
Yes, we have a washing machine and a dryer in our apartment. Yes, I love the ability to do laundry any time I want. In fact, I did three loads today. It kind of made my life.

Comfy Shorts
On Saturday, Melissa and I went to Target. I found an awesome pair of black sweat shorts. I got home and put them on and they were pretty much the most comfortable thing ever. I decided this morning that I should probably take them off finally (Okay, I didn't wear them that WHOLE time, but I did put them on whenever I was relaxing. It was great!), and Sarah and Elizabeth and I went to Target this afternoon so I could buy two more pair: a gray pair and a pink pair. Rock on!

Pushing the Cart
When we went shopping this afternoon, I got to push the cart. That is, in fact, one of my favorite parts of shopping. LOVE IT!

Nintendo
So, on Saturday, we finally got a TV courtesy of Stacie's grandpa. It's old and beasty and awesome. Yesterday, Melissa and I hooked up her DVD/VCR Player and the Nintendo. Yeah, like, old school Nintendo NES. Rock on! We played Super Mario Bros. all afternoon. I pretty much suck at it, and it's fantastic! Check it out:

Sleep-talking
Sleep-talking is hilarious. Especially when you're not the one doing it. Especially when it's one of your good guy friends who is sleeping on the couch and may or may not say, "Hey! You don't have all the qualifications to be a dinosaur!" Hilarious.

Domesticity
I love being domestic. It's so great! On Saturday, I made three pies. That's right. Three. One raspberry cream, one peach, and one apple (with a lattice top, of course). They were delicious. Also, on Saturday, Melissa and I went to her old apartment to visit with friends and make earrings. So, I made some pretty nifty ones. I like them. Check out all my domestic skills in the pictures:
Borderline Maternity Shirts
On Sunday, I was having a ridiculous fat day. So, I wore a borderline maternity shirt to be comfortable. Don't even worry about how numerous different people at church told me they loved my shirt and they thought it was so cute. Rock on! There's nothing so great as compliments on fat days.

Good Hair Days
More often than not, I have bad or so-so hair days. You know. Nothing special. Sunday, I had a great hair day. Also, my hair is getting so long. I love it! Check it:
Right on, friend. Right on.

Big Windows and Mountains
I'm sure I've said this before, but my apartment is awesome, and I absolutely love the view of the mountains from our beautiful big windows. In fact, I even changed the orientation of my bed, so now my head is right next to the window. When I wake up, the very first thing I see is the mountains and I LOVE IT! Yesterday, I woke up at 5:34 in the morning to see a beautiful sliver of a silver crescent moon hovering right above a dip in the mountain peaks. It was gorgeous.

IKEA Pillows
I have recently acquired four green throw pillows from IKEA. They reside in our living room, and they are great.
Pets
We have a pet fish. His name is Manfred. He's kind of great - he's a blue betta fish, and he eats a beasty lot of fish food.
Anyway, that's about all I have for now. My life is FANTASTIC! Don't be too jealous. :) But really, let's face it, I've got so many things that rock my world right now, I can understand if you're a little bit jealous. Haha. Have a super duper day!

1 comment:

Momma Steele said...

Yeah! You Go Girl!!! You Deserve To Have LOTS of Fantastic Stuff To ROCK Your World!!